We’re excited to announce the launch of a new integration with Hubspot, allowing Session hosts to sync attendee data and insights directly into their HubSpot CRM. This is a huge step forward for providing hosts with valuable attendee data and insights that will help them tailor their events to better meet their attendees' needs. This integration is available for Pro, Pro Plus and Business plan customers. And it's just the beginning - we have plans to launch more CRM integrations in the future, so stay tuned!
Automatically create new HubSpot contacts
Say goodbye to manual data entry or CSV uploads, and hello to more free time and fewer errors. New contacts will automatically be created in your HubSpot CRM when a user registers to join a session or watches a session recording.
Captured data could include all registration data collected from attendees, which could be their first name, last name, and email address. Data could also include helpful marketing data like UTM parameters and engagement scores for individual attendees.
Update existing HubSpot contacts with timeline events
Session ensures that no duplicate contacts are created by checking if a record with the same email already exists. If a record exists, it will be updated with the latest attendance and engagement data through timeline events.
Timeline events are added to a contact's timeline when they register to join a session, attend a session, or watch a recording.
How to use Session insights in Hubspot
- Add individual engagement scores to your lead scoring system, automatically notifying your GTM team of hot prospects.
- Evaluate which UTM source is driving the most engaged Session attendees to inform future campaigns.
- Monitor whether your Session events are influencing revenue or pipeline - do attendees go on to purchase?
Check out our blog post on 3 Strategies to Make the Most of Your Webinar Data to dig deeper.
Step 1: Connect your Session account to Hubspot
To get started, you need to connect your Session account to Hubspot. Here's how to do it:
- Log in to your Session account and go to the "Integrations" tab.
- Click on the "Integrations" tab and select “Connect” within the Hubspot menu item.
- Click “New authentication” and follow the on-screen instructions to authorize the integration.
Step 2: Set up Hubspot contact mapping
Once the integration is set up, you need to map your Hubspot contact fields to Session’s registration fields:
Step 3: Map your Hubspot UTM fields to Session’s UTM fields
Each of your scheduled Sessions collect UTM data so that you can understand which channels and campaigns drove registrations (and eventually engagement). Make sure your field names match up.
Step 4: Create a new scheduled Session
Now that your integration is complete, create a new Session event to test out that the data flow is working properly.
- Go to your Session dashboard and click “Create a Session”
- Select “Schedule a Session”
- Give it a name, choose a date and time. Choose a theme, then click “Create Session”
- Go to your Registration tab in the customization menu
- Select “Integrations” - this is where you’ll manage any integrations that you set up. Make sure Hubspot is toggled to on and says “enabled” next to it.
Step 5: Register a test email account to ensure the integration is working
Make sure you test that the data is flowing properly between Session and Hubspot by creating a test registration. If it's a new lead, it will appear as a new contact. Voila. That's it!
Our HubSpot integration is a helpful addition for Session planners looking to streamline their workflow and improve attendee engagement. The integration automates the creation of new contacts and updates existing ones with timeline events, providing valuable insights into attendee behavior and engagement. If you're a Pro, Pro Plus or Business plan customer, you can try it out today.